The ACT Party promotes an open, progressive and compassionate society where New Zealanders are free to achieve their potential and build successful families, businesses and lives.
The ACT Party believes:
- Individuals are the rightful owners of their own lives with inherent rights and responsibilities
- The purpose of government is to protect these rights and not to assume such responsibilities.
The ACT Party will promote, develop and pursue policies and proposals which:
- Encourage individual choice, responsibility and excellence.
- Enhance living standards for all New Zealanders through sustainable economic growth and international competitiveness.
- Enhance choice and diversity, and raise standards of achievement in education. The ACT Party supports partnership with schools and the early childhood education model.
- Ensure all New Zealanders have access to world-class health care and security in retirement; provide social and economic support for New Zealanders that genuinely need it.
- Sustain first-rate national security that protects individuals and their property.
- Explore and implement practical, innovative ways to protect our natural environment.
- Maintain sound economic management, including a balanced government budget, price stability and a free and open market economy.
- Limit the involvement of central and local government to areas where collective action is required e.g. Law and Order, Defence and Justice.
Together, we can achieve a safe, healthy and prosperous country led by a stable, disciplined Government that protects individuals, their families, the environment, and the economy.
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep in touch with ACT.